Late last month we learned about a New York City fair that’s aiming to make a splash in the bitcoin community by holding ‘bitcoin fairs’ on a weekly basis.
It’s the Hester Street Fair in the Lower East Side, and it’s all in attempts of attracting a younger crowd to the marketplace, with offerings of handmade jewelry, vintage items, to food like wood-fired pizza and ice cream sandwiches.
Bitcoin payments processor BitPay says they’re teaming up with the Fair in order to accommodate bitcoin acceptance among the select vendors who will be accepting digital currency.
“We are so pleased with our new partnership with Hester Street Fair. It is another milestone for Bitcoin,” said BitPay chief Tony Gallippi. “We are seeing it used in more brick and mortar outlets which is amazing to witness.”
If you were curious, here’s a list of vendors that will be accepting your coins:
- Hudson & Charles: sandwiches
- Melt Bakery: New York City’s first Ice Cream Sandwich shop
- An Artistic Taste: Comfort food with a “twist”
- Baron Fig: Notebooks for the creative types
- Rosette: A Lower East Side restaurant
- Café Patoro: Brazilian cheese bread
- Calmer Sutra Tea: Chai tea and other teas
- Xcubicle: Workshops and hacker space
- Rachel Mae’s Farmstand: Long Island farm stand
- Delicate Raymond: Costume Jewelry
A bitcoin meetup is planning following the fair from 4-6pm at the Xcubicle Skillshare Space, and there’s even an after-party going on from 6-10pm at the Rosette restaurant.
The Hester Street Fair takes place on Saturdays and Sundays from 11AM-6PM from April 26th – October 26th.