Specifically, the webinar aims to instruct professionals on compliance and risk issues for financial institutions — many of whom are becoming increasingly interested developments in this sector.
— LexisNexis (@LexisNexis) June 13, 2014
According to the announcement, the agenda for the webinar is as follows (quoted):
- The origins of Bitcoin, the definition of digital currency and an overview of how it works
- The use cases of Bitcoin and how it is being used by consumers and merchants
- The future expectations for Bitcoin
- Current legal and regulatory framework for virtual currencies
- Compliance challenges for financial institutions and digital currency firms
- The financial supervisors’ concerns
- As a financial institution, actions that should be taken when interacting with digital currency or digital currency firms
One of the experts who will be on-hand to educate those virtually attending will be John Beccia, General Counsel and CCO of Circle Internet Financial. The other, Nelson Everhardt, a leading Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering compliance consultant (who formerly directed the BSA/AML program at Bank of America).
It certainly sounds like an interesting affair, and you can expect more and more of these sorts of events to continue coming about as bitcoin continues its spread as a household name.