“ChangeTip Facebook Integration: The San Francisco based Bitcoin microtransactions startup, ChangeTip, now allows Facebook friends to Tip in Bitcoin.
That was the news, that NewsBTC has been keeping track ever since we met them at CES15, in Vegas —but here is the inference, of what ChangeTip Facebook Integration means for the Bitcoin community.
ChangeTip rolled out for Reddit (an obvious first choice), Twitter, Tumblr, Youtube etc. And now we have ChangeTip Facebook working in perfect harmony! This is an interesting move, both for ChangeTip and Bitcoin community as well. Here’s why…
- Early adopter market was on Reddit — ChangeTip succeeded in that market. Good.
- Twitter — not big as Facebook — But has a lot of Internet Savvy users.
- Tumblr — again — not as big as Facebook. But a very social community.
- Facebook — by far the largest social network — something that even grandmas can use these days. Facebook is a successful case of a technology penetrating the mass market.
“With over 1 billion users, enabling this on Facebook opens up a unique way to bring new people into bitcoin”.
So Bitcoin Is Entering The Mass Market Now?
- For incentivising users inside Facebook to post relevant and useful content.
- For motivating influencers to keep doing what they do best, beyond “just” likes and shares.
- For the non-profits to receive micro-support in few dollars of tips, each day.