4 Oct 2021, Decentralized, high-performance smart contract platform IOST is now the latest member of the Japan Blockchain Association (JBA).
The IOST Foundation has been working on the knowledge of blockchain technology and the development of potential blockchain engineering since its activities in Japan began in 2018.
Up to now, this activity grew into the Blockchain Free Educational Program, implemented with over 300 students at 9 universities and educational institutions, in collaboration with technology companies and a law firm.
Since the beginning of its operation, IOST has set its mission to push the adoption of blockchain and bring the revolutionary technology to the masses. Actions speak louder than words, and IOST’s track record as well as its latest alliance with JBA say it all.
Blockchain Education Hackathon with Students (2020 and 2021)
IOST’s unwavering efforts in promoting the education and adoption of blockchain technology are well proven by its track record:
- February 2020: IOST jointly hosted a 2-day “Education x Blockchain” HIVEHack hackathon with the well-known private university Kindai, Japan
- March 2020: IOST has become a partner of the University of Zurich Blockchain Center, Switzerland
- July 2020: IOST CTO Terry Wang gave an online lecture on blockchain and IOST to the students of the Zurich University Summer Blockchain School, Switzerland
- November 2020: IOST CTO delivered a tech talk at the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Japan
- December 2020: IOST partner started regular hosting of the free online hands-on blockchain beginner classes, Japan
- July 20201: IOST CTO Terry Wang gave an online lecture on blockchain and IOST to the students of the Zurich University Summer Blockchain School, Switzerland
- August 2021: IOST co-hosted a two-day hackathon HiveHack 2021 with Kindai University, Japan
IOST Blockchain Use Cases
- November 2019, In Fujimi City, Nagano Prefecture, Japan, IOST partnered up with EverySystem and ElDesign to launch a P2P electricity trading project on IOST, and to empower the energy industry.
- December 2019, in Yoron, Japan, the locals, and visitors can do things like collecting garbages and promoting Yoron tourism on social media in exchange for tokens, on POTAL, an APP developed by IOST node PHI.
- June 2020, IOST allies Japan-based Medical Health Tech Venture “Pracs.” to promote distributed ledger technology in the healthcare industry by developing a blockchain-enabled secure, transparent, and tamper-proof-on-chain medical record platform
- June 2020, Japanese political party- SANSEITO has implemented GUILD VOTING, a digital voting application developed and provided by PHI- an IOST core community leader and developer in Japan
- August 2020, IOST has inked a partnership with the Xuzhou Kiwi Orchard, to leverage the IOST blockchain technology for the full traceability of the planting, processing, transportation, and sale of Xuzhou Kiwi Orchard’s products
- August 2020, IOST partners dKargo, a decentralized global logistics project based in South Korea to explore the use of blockchain technology in the logistics industry
- September 2020, IOST partners the Dvision Network- a new blockchain-empowered virtual reality content platform to further explore and exploit the potential of blockchain and VR technology combined
- November 2020, IOST partners Korea’s Blocery to revolutionize agricultural products distribution
Activities as a member of the Japan Blockchain Association (JBA)
IOST’s expected participation with JBA, whose members include leading companies in Japan’s blockchain industry and technological innovation, is a further development of its ongoing contributions in blockchain education. In addition, IOST will continue its quest to create more development and use cases in Japan by strengthening industry-academia collaboration activities with JBA member companies.
About Japan Blockchain Association (JBA)
The Japan Blockchain Association (JBA) promotes and expands the use of blockchain technology and its social implementation through
- creating business opportunities among its members
- holding regular meetings such as study groups
- utilizing blockchain in the administrative domain
- as well as collaborating with Japan’s local governments.
Visit JBA for more information
About IOST Blockchain
Being one of the public chain leaders in terms of adoption, performance, and utility, IOST remains committed to our mission to unleash the power of blockchain. IOST currently has the ever-expanding 500,000 community members in over 20 countries, over 400 nodes, a top staking economy, symbiotic relationships with corporations dotted worldwide.