We here at Matchroom would like to first extend our thanks and welcome to all whom are reading this, especially those of you whom are constantly keeping up with our news and updates.
Matchroom is pleased to announce, officially, the start of its ICO initiative with our presale scheduled to begin by the 28th of February. The following documentation shall only briefly cover all the relevant details to our ICO movement while the meticulous literature reviewing our product and tokens in full can be found in our Whitepaper.
We are also available on Telegram to address any queries and concerns you might have. There are already, at the time of this writing, over 3000 members on our telegram where a variety of questions has since been answered, and the family is still growing at a steady pace!
Why is Matchroom Likely to Succeed?
Matchroom is striving to deliver a social gaming platform supported by blockchain technology that can function as a centralized safe haven where all stakeholders (players, consumers, developers, organizers, brand partners, and even investors) may congregate, engage, and interact.
We will facilitate a diverse variety of gaming related activities through the unique platform features we offer with the express intent of resolving modern gaming dilemmas with blockchain; including but not exclusive to
- Communities & Consumers: social media, coordination & communication, original content, news & updates, virtual trading market space;
- Content Creation: unique monetization opportunities, optimal publishing space, workshops and other supporting activities on the grassroots level;
- Industry Operators: alternate funding source, targeted marketing opportunities, extended audience and market reach.
Supported by a strong team of industry veterans with an average of 15 years experience, Matchroom intends to first establish itself a solid foundation as the preeminent digital destination for gamers across South-East Asia (SEA) before encroaching on the global market space.
The People & Partners
The team behind Matchroom, especially the co-founders, are veritable pioneers of the gaming industry in SEA with years of top level experience spanning across a number of well established gaming companies the likes of Asiasoft and MyCNX, that have been entrenched within the SEA gaming market from almost the very beginning.
Having been involved in hallmark milestones from the introduction of a wide variety of successful games to overseeing the transition from a pay-to-play (P2P) PC gaming focus to a more diversified web-browser, mobile, and free-to-play (F2P) approach to gaming, the Matchroom team has gathered extensive experience in every aspect of the gaming supply chain (community management, development, distribution, publishing, user analytics, digital marketing, etc).
As such it quite possible for team Matchroom to be the people best equipped in SEA to not only lead the region’s market towards an age of new technologies but also to eventually conquer by piecemeal the global gaming market.
We understand fully the importance of strong partnerships in helping us solidify the position we wish to take in the market. Moving forward with that in mind, we have secured partnerships with substantial content and technology providers. Upon launching our platform we will have the support of:
- Hong Kong Cyber Games Arena (HKCGA) – the premier eSports organizer and content provider in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macau. HKCGA, having secured its prestige within these regions, intend to extend their reach to the rest of SEA through Matchroom.
- Hoolai Games – a major Chinese social web and mobile game developer cum publisher owned by TenCent Holdings with over 700 employees across Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Taipei, and Silicon Valley. The company has since released multiple award-winning and top grossing games within the Chinese market. Having established a significant in a saturated Chinese market, Hoolai is now looking to expand outwards with the help of Matchroom.
- SQ2 Fintech – a multinational financial technology solution-as-a-service provider spanning across Singapore, Malaysia, and China. Beyond the usual hardware and software solutions (including IOT devices), SQ2 Fintech offers also its proprietary blockchain solution namely Adaptive-Unified-Reputation-Algorithm (AURA); it allows for the infusion of blockchain technology into IOT gadgets to enable mass adoptions of crypto-ecosystems with ultra-low power secured devices.
Additionally, we have also not forgotten to maintain relationships with local market players, especially those at the grassroots level.
- Weraku – a Malaysian game publisher focusing on mobile games. They value add to the gaming supply chain by offering services in development, commercialisation, and management. All of which are potentially invaluable to independent game developers.
- Kitamen – a lifestyle brand for eSports, delivering a physical platform for all eSports titles under one roof with 15 outlets across Malaysia. With a team that is now 25 strong, they have now completed over 50 digital entertainment projects.
The Matchroom Token Ecosystem
The Matchroom token ecosystem will be driven primarily by the four core unique platform features Virtual Gifting, Virtual Trading, Brand Sponsorship, and Developer Crowdfunding. It will be activities falling under these categories that shall motivate organic circulation of Matchroom Tokens (MRT), independent of the erratic fluctuations stemming from speculation.
Matchroom Token Details
Our ICO initiatives shall be inaugurated by the start of our presale on the 28th of February, 2018 (4:00 PM GMT+8) where early birds can enjoy the benefits of being the first batch of supporters – a 30% purchase bonus when buying a minimum of 5 ETH worth of MRT, until the beginning of our main sale on the 15th of March 2018 (4:00 PM GMT+8).
A total of a billion Matchroom Tokens (MRT) will be generated but only 50% (500 million) shall be made available to the public. The remaining 50% will be distributed to the founders (20%), Matchroom Vault (15%), and marketing or partnership initiatives (15%).
Following the conclusion of our main sale on the 15th of April, 2018 (4:00 PM GMT+8), 40% of funds attained will be directed towards completing and enhancing the Matchroom Platform, 30% maintained to cover operating expenditure (OPEX), and the final 30% is to be funneled into expanding market share.
Please stay tuned to our news releases as we continue to update you guys on our development progress, concurrent initiatives, and eventually product snapshots!