In the world of cryptocurrencies, one strategy that often raises eyebrows is the pump and dump. This approach, although controversial, has gained attention for its potential impact on market prices.
Traders Union recently revealed insights about the pump and dump crypto strategy, discussing its workings, risks, and told about the best pump-and-dump groups in the crypto space. As this strategy continues to gain traction, it’s essential for traders to stay informed and cautious to avoid potential pitfalls.
What is pump and dump in crypto?
According to Traders Union, pump and dump is a manipulative scheme in which a group of individuals artificially inflates the price of a cryptocurrency through coordinated buying and promotion. Once the price reaches a predetermined level, these individuals quickly sell their holdings, resulting in a sudden drop in the asset’s value, leaving unsuspecting investors with significant losses.
How does the pump and dump strategy work?
TU experts explained that a pump-and-dump strategy typically involves organizers who select a low-market-cap cryptocurrency with limited liquidity. They then secretly accumulate the asset before announcing the target coin to their group. The group members start buying the coin, leading to a sudden increase in demand and price. As the price surges, outsiders may join the buying frenzy, increasing the price. When the target price is reached, the organizers and early participants sell their holdings, causing a sharp decline in the asset’s value.
What are the risks of the pump and dump strategy?
Traders Union experts highlight several risks associated with pump and dump schemes:
- Financial loss: Participants who buy at inflated prices may suffer significant losses when the price collapses;
- Legal consequences: Pump and dump schemes are illegal in many jurisdictions, and those involved may face penalties or legal action;
- Reputational damage: Being associated with such schemes can tarnish an individual’s or group’s reputation in the crypto community;
- Market volatility: Sudden price swings caused by pump and dump schemes can contribute to overall market instability.
Top pump and dump groups
According to Traders Union, the following are some of the best-known crypto pump and dump groups:
- Mega Pump Group: This group is known for its large membership base and coordinated pumps, which can result in significant price increases in a short period.
- Big Pump Signal: With an active community, Big Pump Signal organizes pumps on various exchanges, focusing on low-cap cryptocurrencies to maximize potential gains.
- Big Pump Group: This group claims to have a team of experienced traders who analyze market trends and select the best coins for their pump events.
- Verified Crypto Traders: Boasting a selection process that emphasizes transparency and analysis, this group aims to provide its members with well-researched pump opportunities.
- Mega Pump Group: Not to be confused with the first group mentioned, this Mega Pump Group also has a significant following and organizes regular pump events across different exchanges.
Please note that Pump and dump schemes are prohibited by most regulators, but they are not considered illegal on cryptocurrency exchanges. For traders looking to trade cryptocurrencies, Bybit exchange is a popular choice. The exchange has several technological advantages, such as providing mutual insurance for market participants against sharp price movements. While pump and dump strategies can provide quick profits for some participants, the associated risks should be noticed. Before engaging in such schemes, the potential for financial loss, legal consequences, and reputational damage should be carefully weighed. Readers can learn more about pump and dump groups and strategies on the Traders Union’s official website.
Disclaimer: This is a paid release. The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the content provider and do not necessarily represent those of NewsBTC. NewsBTC does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of information available in such content. Do your research and invest at your own risk.
Image by Sergei Tokmakov, Esq. https://Terms.Law from Pixabay